DeTT&CT aims to assist blue teams using ATT&CK to score and compare data log source quality, visibility coverage, detection coverage and threat actor behaviours. All of which can help, in different ways, to get more resilient against attacks targeting your organisation. The DeTT&CT framework consists of a Python tool, YAML administration files and scoring tables for the different aspects.
DeTT&CT provides the following functionality:
- Administrate and score the quality of your data sources.
- Get insight on the visibility you have on for example endpoints.
- Map your detection coverage.
- Map threat actor behaviours.
- Compare visibility, detections and threat actor behaviours to uncover possible improvements in detection and visibility. This can help you to prioritise your blue teaming efforts.
The coloured visualisations are created with the help of MITRE’s ATT&CK™ Navigator.
Work of others
Some functionality within DeTT&CT was inspired by the work of others:
To get started with DeTTect read this page
YAML files are used for administrating scores and relevant metadata. All of which can be visualised by loading JSON layer files into the ATT&CK Navigator (some types of scores and metadata can also be written to Excel).
See below an example of mapping your data sources to ATT&CK, which gives you a rough overview of your visibility coverage:
Installation and requirements
- Python 3.6 and higher
- Have the following Python packages installed with its appropriate version:
xlsxwriter. See below on how to perform the installation using the
git clone https://github.com/rabobank-cdc/DeTTECT
pip install -r requirements.txt
Source : Haxf4rall