Nissan Canada suffers a data breach that may have exposed around 1.3 Million of sensitive customers records of Nissan Canada finance.
Nissan Finance Canada offering 12 months of credit monitoring services through TransUnion at no cost for their Canada based customers.
Nissan finds an suspicious activities occurred in their network and an “unauthorized persons” may have gained access to the personal information of some customers who financed their vehicles.
Nissan Canada Data Breach may have exposed sensitive data such as customer name, address, vehicle make and model, vehicle identification number (VIN), credit score, loan amount and monthly payment.
In this case, Anyone who bought a Nissan but didn’t use the company’s financing arm is not affected and this incident did not affect any their payment card systems.
NCF first became aware of this incident on December 11, 2017. all the affected customers will be informed through email and Nissan offered for all NCF customers will be eligible for 12 months of credit monitoring services through TransUnion at no cost.
According to Nissan statement, NCF has contacted Canadian privacy regulators, law enforcement, and leading data security experts and Nissan set up a call center to answer customers questions. they can contact them 1-877-224-4711.
Some of Very Recent Data Leaked Online
- Famous Cosmetic Company “Tarte” leaked 2 Million Customers Personal Data Online
- Fashion Retailer FOREVER 21 Admits Payment Card Security Breach
- Accenture Data Leak Exposed 137 Gigabytes of Highly Sensitive Data Online
- Deloitte Hacked by Cyber Criminals and Revealed Client & Employee’s Secret Emails
- Leading research and advisory firms Forrester was hacked
- Disqus confirms it’s been hacked and more than 17.5 Million Users Details Exposed
- Gaming Service R6DB Database deleted By Hackers and held for Ransom
- Biggest Hack Ever – Each and Every Single Yahoo Account Was Hacked in 2013
- Pizza Hut Hacked – Users Reporting Fraudulent Transactions on their Cards
- Hyatt Hotels Data Breach Exposed 41 Hotel Customers Payment Card Information
- Verizon Wireless Confidential DataLeaked Accidentally by Its Employee
- ABC Company Massive Data Leaked online from Amazon S3 Bucket
- Pentagon Data Leak Exposed 1.8 Billion of Social Media Surveillance Data
- Uber Data Breach Exposed Personal Information of 57 Million Uber Users
- HP Exposed more than 400,000 Customers Sensitive Information Online
- Imgur Data Breach Exposed 1.7 Million Users Emails and Passwords by Hackers
- Hackers Stole More than 19 Million Records of California State Voter Database
- Australian Airport Hacked: Significant Amount of Security Data Stolen by Vietnamese Hacker
Source : GBHackers