Here we are going to have a look about some of Common & important Penetration Testing Checklist for widely used OS Platforms for mobile Devices – Android, Windows, Apple, Blackberry.
we have already posted an article for Deep Checklist of Android Penetration testing checklist here we will see for other Platforms As well.
Penetration Testing Checklist With Windows Phone:
1.Try to jailbreak/unlock the windows phone by the help of WindowBreak Program.
2.Check the Application of windows phone whether or not you can access without pin and password.
3.Try to Turn off the phone by sending SMS and check time taken by the phone to turn off.
4.Check the vulnerability presented in the windows phone CSS Function Flow in Internet Explorer and check whether the vulnerability leads the Remote Code Execution.
5.Understand the chamber Concepts and perform the all security check based on the Chamber’s layer.
Chambers are most important Security control using a tiered system ensures that threats to the outer levels cannot be escalated as attacks on the inner levels.
- Trust Computing Base (TCB) – Check the Kernel and Kernel mode Drivers.
- Elevated Rights Chamber (ERC)- Check the services and user mode Drivers.
- Standard Rights Chamber (SRC) – Check the Pre-installed Applications
- Least Privileged Chamber (LPC)- Check the Applications which is Downloading from Win Store.
Penetration Testing Checklist With iPhone
1.Try to jailbreak the iPhone by using tools such as RedSn0w , PwnageTool, Pangu etc.
2.Try to Exploit the Vulnerabilities in iPhone using the Metasploit tool.
3. Try to Unlock the iPhone using tools such as iphonesimfree and anySIM.
4.Try to send Malicious Payload to the victims iPhone and check whether you can take over the control the victim’s phone.
5.Perform Man-in-the-Middle attack by intercepting the Wireless parameter of iPhone on wireless network.
6.Check the social engineering Attack method and try to send the malicious link and SMS tricks which contains Malicious web page.
7.setup the access point with same name and same encryption type.
Penetration Testing Checklist With Android Phone
1.Perform the jailbreak/Root the Android phone and try to get admin level Privilege by using tools such as Superoneclick, superboot etc.
2. use the tool called Woodpacker to Detect Capability leaks in Android Devices.
3. Check whether email password stored in a Plain text in SQLite Database.
4.Check whether Cross-application scripting error in Android Browser which leads to hacking the android devices by hackers.
5.check whether android Skype uses unencrypted SQLite Database to store the contacts and chat messages logs.
6. Use the tool called ComDroid to detect the application communication vulnerabilities.
7.Try to exploit android intents to gain the users private information.
Penetration Testing Checklist With Blackberry Phone
1.To hijack the BlackBerry Connections use tool called BBProxy.
2.send Malicious website link trick to open the user link that contains malicious webpage on the Blackberry phone.
3.Send and Mail to victims that contain Malicious.mod Application file on the Device.
4. Try to send malformed Server Routing Protocol packets from BlackBerry To route the cause DOS attack.
5.Try to Recover the password protected files and backup files from Blackberry mobile by using tools such as Elcomsoft phone password broker
6.Check the Flows in application code signing process which leads to sign malicious applications and Publish it into Blackberry App World.
Source : GBHackers