- Configured AWS account with the EC2 actions mentioned below. The policy containing these requirements can be found in red-detector-policy.json.
|Required action premission||Why it is required|
|“AttachVolume”||Enables attaching the volume with the taken snapshot to the EC2 instance that is being used for the vulnerabilities scan.|
|“AuthorizeSecurityGroupIngress”||Enables attaching security group to the EC2 instance. Contains IP premmisions to ssh port and a random port generated for the scan UI access.|
|“DescribeInstances”||Enables access to the clients EC2 instances details.|
|“CreateKeyPair”||Enables the creation of a key pair that is being used as the key of the EC2 instance.|
|“CreateTags”||Enabled the creation of Tags on the Volume and Snapshot.|
|“DescribeRegions”||Enables access to the clients active regions to enable the user select the relevant one for the scan.|
|“RunInstances”||Enables the creation of an EC2 instance under the users client.|
|“ReportInstanceStatus”||Enables getting the current status of the created EC2 instance to make sure it is running.|
|“DescribeSnapshots”||Enables getting the current status of the taken snapshot to make sure it is available.|
|“DescribeImages”||Enables querying AMI’s to get the latest Ubuntu AMI.|
|“DescribeVolumeStatus”||Enables getting the current status of the volume being created.|
|“DescribeVolumes”||Enables getting details about a volume.|
|“CreateVolume”||Enables the creation of a volume, in order to attach it the taken snapshot and attach it to the EC2 instance used for the vulnerabilities scan.|
|“DescribeAvailabilityZones”||Enables access to the clients active availability zones to select one for the created volume that is being attach to the EC2 instance.|
|“DescribeVpcs”||Enables getting the clients default vpc. Used for the EC2s security group generation.|
|“CreateSecurityGroup”||Enables the creation of a security group that is being attached to the EC2 instance.|
|“CreateSnapshot”||Enables taking a snapshot. Used to take a snapshot of the chosen EC2 instance.|
|“DeleteSnapshot”||Enables deleting the stale snapshot was created during the process|
- Running EC2 instance – Make sure you know the region and instance id of the EC2 instance you would like to scan. Supported versions:
- Ubuntu: 14, 16, 18, 19, 20
- Debian: 6, 8, 9
- Redhat: 7, 8
- Suse: 12
- Amazon: 2
- Oracle: 8
sudo git clone https://github.com/lightspin-tech/red-detector.git
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
usage: main.py [-h] [--region REGION] [--instance-id INSTANCE_ID] [--keypair KEYPAIR] [--log-level LOG_LEVEL]
-h, --help show this help message and exit
--region REGION region name
--instance-id INSTANCE_ID EC2 instance id
--keypair KEYPAIR existing key pair name
--log-level LOG_LEVEL log level
- Run main.py.
- Region selection: use default region (us-east-1) or select a region. Notice that if the selected region does not contain any EC2 instances you will be asked to choose another region.
- EC2 inatance-id selection: you will get a list of all EC2 instances ids under your selected region and you will be asked to choose the inatance you would like to scan. Make sure to choose a valide answer (the number left to the desired id).
- Track the process progress… It takes about 30 minutes.
- Get a link to your report!
python3 main.py --log-level DEBUG
scanners databases update process
- connect to the EC2 instance created
ssh [email protected] -i KEYPAIR.pem
- watch the progress
Source : KitPloit – PenTest Tools!