Security module for php7 and php8 – Killing bugclasses and virtual-patching the rest!
Snuffleupagus is a PHP 7+ and 8+ module designed to drastically raise the cost of attacks against websites, by killing entire bug classes. It also provides a powerful virtual-patching system, allowing administrator to fix specific vulnerabilities and audit suspicious behaviours without having to touch the PHP code.
- No noticeable performance impact
- Powerful yet simple to write virtual-patching rules
- Killing several classes of vulnerabilities
- Several hardening features
samesiteflag for cookies
- Bundled set of rules to detect post-compromissions behaviours
- Global strict mode and type-juggling prevention
- Whitelisting of stream wrappers
- Preventing writeable files execution
- Whitelist/blacklist for
- Enforcing TLS certificate validation when using curl
- Request dumping capability
- A relatively sane code base:
We’ve got a download page, where you can find packages for your distribution, but you can of course just
git clone this repo, or check the releases on github.
We’re providing various example rules, that are looking like this:
# Harden the `chmod` function
# Mitigate command injection in `system`
Upon violation of a rule, you should see lines like this in your logs:
[snuffleupagus][0.0.0.0][disabled_function][drop] The execution has been aborted in /var/www/index.php:2, because the return value (0) of the function 'strpos' matched a rule.
We’ve got a comprehensive website with all the documentation that you could possibly wish for. You can of course build it yourself.
Many thanks to the Suhosin project for being a huge source of inspiration, and to all our contributors.
Source : KitPloit – PenTest Tools!