Uber data Breach, Hackers stole 57 million Uber users around the world and 600,000 drivers names including their license numbers.
The breach took place in October 2016 and the leaked data includes names, email addresses and mobile phone numbers that related to Uber accounts.
After external Forensic analysis Uber confirms that there is no indication that trip location history, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, Social Security numbers or dates of birth were downloaded.To delete the data and to keep the breach Quiet uber paid $100,000 to hackers, first reported by Bloomberg.
Uber says at the time of the incident they took necessary steps to secure data and to revoke further unauthorized access by the individuals and strengthen security.
Preventive Measures – Uber data Breach
Uber notifies to the driver’s who’s license numbers were stolen and provided theft protection, they said that affected accounts are continuously monitored and there is no evidence of fraud or misuse tied to this incident.
None of this should have happened, and I will not make excuses for it. While I can’t erase the past, I can commit on behalf of every Uber employee that we will learn from our mistakes, Uber CEO says.
Uber privacy and trust – error 404. Oh the irony pic.twitter.com/gDg9i5x7mP
— Privacy Matters (@PrivacyMatters) November 22, 2017
Uber recommends users to continuously monitor their credit and accounts, if they found any suspicious activity they are recommended to contact help center.
Help” in your app, then “Account and Payment Options” > “I have an unknown charge” >, “I think my account has been hacked”.
We are changing the way we do business, putting integrity at the core of every decision we make and working hard to earn the trust of our customers, uber added.
Some of Very Recent Data Leaked Online
- Famous Cosmetic Company “Tarte” leaked 2 Million Customers Personal Data Online
- Fashion Retailer FOREVER 21 Admits Payment Card Security Breach
- Accenture Data Leak Exposed 137 Gigabytes of Highly Sensitive Data Online
- Deloitte Hacked by Cyber Criminals and Revealed Client & Employee’s Secret Emails
- Leading research and advisory firms Forrester was hacked
- Disqus confirms it’s been hacked and more than 17.5 Million Users Details Exposed
- Gaming Service R6DB Database deleted By Hackers and held for Ransom
- Biggest Hack Ever – Each and Every Single Yahoo Account Was Hacked in 2013
- Pizza Hut Hacked – Users Reporting Fraudulent Transactions on their Cards
- Hyatt Hotels Data Breach Exposed 41 Hotel Customers Payment Card Information
- Verizon Wireless Confidential DataLeaked Accidentally by Its Employee
- ABC Company Massive Data Leaked online from Amazon S3 Bucket
- Pentagon Data Leak Exposed 1.8 Billion of Social Media Surveillance Data
Source : GBHackers